But nevertheless, been wanting to go to the Korean class for 2 weeks now. Its just that I've been too busy to actually go. So, I promised myself that I MUST go this week, no matter what! And I got Ah Ma to accompany me! Muahahaha!
Well, when we first went into the class, we thought that we were at the wrong class cos there was no one. And then when lessons started, it was just the 2 of us and one male Korean teacher. Ahem! But then, after a while, people started coming in...
Ah, well. Our teachers were very nice people. We had 3 teachers, btw. I found that somewhat odd but... since I'm only required to pay RM10 for the registration fee and nothing else (the class was free of charge! woohoo!), I'd better not say a word.
Back to my first Korean language experience, we were given handouts on the basics of the language. We learnt vowels and consonants.
Free handouts!
Can't read? Too bad...
My notesI say, Korean language sure is tough. Its actually pretty easy to read once u've gotten the hang of it, but the pronunciation is an entirely different matter. Oh my God... the way those Koreans twist their tongues! I think if I wasn't careful, I might get my tongue tangled up in my mouth! And it seriously was sooooo funny!
After the teacher taught us how to pronounce the vowels and consonants, he wanted us to repeat after him. Then he mixed the two up and asked us to read it. I nearly died keeping my laughter in for the entire one hour! Hahahahahah! It just sounded so alien and tongue-twister-ish and sing-song! Its like singing aloud tongue-twisters!
*Laughs*
But then again, I love it. Yes - Wildberry loves bursting out tunes with tongue-twisters. Hahaha! Its tough and challenging, and I couldn't have enjoyed myself more in a language class. Definitely beats English class back in high school! And I plan to continue this learning process. But too bad cos Ah Ma couldn't stand the complexity of it and didn't want to learn any further. She claimed that she was the slowest in the class...
*coughherbrainexpireliaocough*
Oh, oh! Ah Ma and I found out that one of the teachers (he's the President of the Arirang Club) was Ke Ping's housemate! Now, how small can the world get? If only I could be his housemate too; then he can give me Korean lessons everyday! Muahaha!
Ok, ok. Its too early to start dreaming. I know.


0 guilty confessions:
Post a Comment